I’m living on a budget of nothing at all at the moment, counting the days till I get my next payout. This means no coffee at the university (I am thinking about starting a campaign concerning that), no partying (at least not of the kind where I will be paying for anything), no new clothes and the fact that I need to survive on whatever food I have in the apartment. Today’s lunch/dinner consisted of things that have been spending some quality time in the freezer for at least 3 months, but which proved to be a fantastic meal anyways. Recipe you say? Well, here you go. Main ingredients consist of beans (which are ridiculously cheap) and chicken&vegetables (which can be bought frozen).
What you need:
1 chicken breast
1/2 can of brown beans
2 yellow carrots
Salt + pepper + whatever else you find fitting (I prefer “toscana krydder” )
1) Cut the chicken breast into slices and fry them with a minimum amount of oil in a frying pan.
2) Cut the broccoli, carrots and apple into whatever size you want them.
3) When the chicken is almost done, add the beans, broccoli and carrots. Let this fry for about 2-3 minutes. Season it.
4) Turn off the heat and then add the apples.
5) Pour yourself a glass of red wine and enjoy your meal.