My mum just sent me a woolen Hermès-scarf last week, which comes in handy when you want to keep your throat nice and warm and anti-infected at all times. That and woolen socks are my constant companions today, which feels off considering that it is roughly 26 degrees outside, but fever really does not recognize any temperature or continent. I’ve been better, then worse, then better again and today is just a bit of both. So I’ve spent the day doing things I really enjoy doing while doing things I don’t enjoy doing:
- Ate an apple for breakfast on the lanai, watching the sun rise and the city wake up because I couldn’t sleep anymore.
- Listened to my favorite music with the volume boosted to the maximum level while cleaning my room and sorting through homework I do not want to do.
- Lunched at Duke’s delicious buffet, trying and failing to eat everything. Caesar salad, mahi mahi covered in creamy sauce, cherry tomatoes, potato salad, red onions, cucumber, pine nuts, and a plate filled with mango, grapes, Satsuma oranges and pine apple. *My tummy hurts*
- Fallen asleep on the floor in the middle of the day, recollecting last nights adventures.
- Read two chapters of a book I think I might possibly love, while thinking that right now I just want to read another book in the recent addictive series that give me nothing but short-term entertainment.
- Made myself a large cup of ginger tea to heal my sore throat and drank it while sitting half-asleep listening to Nouvelle Vague.
Sometimes the not so enjoyable things are only an invitation to do something nice to yourself after all. Still not finished with my tea, or my Nouvelle Vague-listening, or my sore throat-ness. But in a couple of hours I’ll grab a couple of pizzas, some beer and possibly my camera and head over to my friends in the building next door to celebrate their new apartment.